Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My experience on 7th Oct 06


Wake up in the morning, feel that lots of discharge, thought it was normal discharge. Went to Sg Dua for hokkien mee. Discharge coming out on and off. After breakfast, went back and have short nap. Around 12.20pm, feel that tummy a bit cramp, and went to toilet, saw some red discharge coming out. Informed BB and went to Adventist. Went to Emergency Room and being send to labor ward. Nurse in labor ward uses Doppler to read baby’s heart beat. Being asked to press the button as and when feel baby’s movement. Later, nurse told me that I am actually having contraction. But I don’t feel it, maybe it’s very mild. The contraction being detected through baby’s heartbeat.

2:30pm, being given virus B injection. Second injection is 4 hrs later, which will be around 6:30pm.

3:45pm, one of the nurse came in to check whether cervix open or not. It was dilated for 3 cm at 3:45pm. According to the nurse, Dr Devindran will be coming in at 8pm to check on me and will put me on drip so that can trigger labor faster.

4:00pm, mom called. Told her I am in Adventist and she called Bb.

Around 8:30pm, Dr Dave came and according to him, my water bag still not broke, it’s just leaking from behind. He will break my water bag for me. When he did so, he noticed that there is some greenish discharge and per his explanation, baby pass motion and must take action immediately. He recommended emergency caesarian. If my cervix dilated for around 8 cm, he will still allow for normal delivery, however, my cervix only dilated for 3 cm, and it may take me another half day or so to get dilated til 8am. Without any further delay, I asked for his expertise and he recommended caesarian. Since it was an emergency caesarian, so everyone was in hurry. Blood being taken by the labor ward nurse and I’m being pushed to Operation Room around 9:00pm. Outside the Operation Room, Dr Khoo Boo Boo was there, explaining to me the anesthetic type that he going to give me. It’s 半身麻醉. So means I still alert but won’t be able to feel anything for bottom part of the body. Inside the Operation Room, everyone seems to be very 紧张, the situation quite tense. I’m being given oxygen and a hook being put in front of me so that I wont be able to see what Dr Dave is doing. Dr Khoo was standing beside me. After 2 spinal injections, I don’t have feel at the bottom part of body. After short while, I heard baby crying. My little boy is out!! And THANK GOD!!! According to Dr Dave, baby’s umbilical cord actually tangled a bit around his neck and this could be one of the reason baby pass motion inside the womb. Luckily we go for caesarian. The nurse let me kisses the baby, I was so happy seeing my little boy. I don’t know how to express the feeling, but I know tears drop from my eyes!!! This is the little boy that I’ve been waiting for so long!!! He is in fact 1 day overdue.

I never thought of I will go for caesarian, everything come to me in so sudden. Bb cannot accompany me in Operation Room L. After the operation, I being pushed to ICU area for incubator for almost 2.5 hrs. It’s the effect of the anesthetic, my hands and legs keep on shivering, out of my control.

Around 1am, I being pushed back to the room. Room 313. At there, I meet my little boy. He is so adorable. I am so happy with all of these despite the pregnancy journey is not smooth sailing for me, but IT’S ALL WORTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...