Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Party 2009

Today the kids’ school has Xmas party. Kaitlyn suppose to take her evening nap, but we don’t want her to being left out from attending the party, so we take the risk of bringing her along and I keep my fingers crossed that she will not make noise and hope we can stay til the end of the party…..and everything turn out to be perfect!
We reached the party around 7:10pm,and there isn’t many ppl, even though the party suppose to start by 7pm. This is typical Malaysian style, when we say party start at 7pm, people will only arrive 30 mins later. Well, last year, we reached the school before 7pm and we are the first one arrived there, so this yr, we a bit late. Kelvin start to wondering around to look for his friend, but no luck. None of his friends arrived yet. I passed the jelly and the present that we brought along for gift exchange to teachers and by the way, it’s a potluck Xmas party, so each family will bring some food. And together with the jelly, I passed Kaitlyn to teacher Margaret. Oops….did I mention that I passed my little princess to someone else LOL! She happily let teacher Margaret carry her and I get to get myself freshen up a bit before the party. I walked around with Kelvin, accompany him to play slide and after a while when I wanted to look for my little princess, she’s with Ms Goh. She’s so adorable and anyone who see her also want to carry her…(oh..this mummy so thick face!) Soon, more and more people coming in, so I gotta keep my eyes close to Kelvin afraid he may out of my sight.

Around 745pm, party start with eating party! So hub get us some food and I brought along Kaitlyn’s milk but this little girl, she refuse to take her milk, instead she wants to eat the food that we are having. So I gave her some bread and she enjoy the plain bread very much. Kid..kid..kid, so easy to feel happy! Around 8pm, the real party start with performance. While the 6 yrs old dancing, Kaitlyn also want to join them. But I told her to finish up her milk before she can join them, and while drinking her milk, she looks at the dancing. And where is Kelvin. Oh…..one of his friend’s parents help us to look after him as he was busy playing with the other friend, Shaneeka. But well, if you think that me and hub taking care of Kaitlyn is easy task, then u r wrong! This little girl of mine, as soon as she finished her milk, she insisted me to let he get down and when I asked whether she want to go dance, she nodded her head and before I can say anything, she walked towards the elder kids.
And I have to keep squatting beside her, cannot stand up, else later I blocked others although I am not very tall , everyone sitting on the chair ! Kelvin also joining the elder kids and he basically mess up the show as he created his own dance, **slapped forehead**

Between the dance performance, there is some games and our family being “invited” to one of the game. Why? Because Kelvin was holding balloon during the musical balloon game and hub get invited to the “punishment” session, so he gets to dance with Kelvin with others families. For this yr, our little boy want to participate in almost all games, and the next game that Kelvin make hub participate is the action game. (When music start every dance, and once music stop, need to stay in whatever position that you are in.)
And I tell you what…Kelvin is the first one get disqualified from the game, why? Coz when the music stop, he managed to hold on with his action, but he can’t stop himself from laughing, LOL! But he can still participate in the entire game and how the judge who get disaualified? Those who get disqualified will get a pencil…so at the end of the game, the judge will ask the kids to show their pencil, this is actually a trick..which means, the kids without pencil are winner…and u know what, as soon as Kelvin and other kids sees the judge giving different present to those kids without pencil, they keep chasing the judge and Kelvin even tells the judge “hey, I got pencil, where is my present” we all really had good laugh at those kids reaction.

And what is Kaitlyn doing ? she’s busy dancing when the music start and no fuss from her at all. I bet she’s gonna be party kaki next time! After long waiting, finally it’s Kelvin’s performance time. I didn’t know what he’s performing. But this little boy just go and disturb people, he dance half way and again created their own dance with his friends. LOL! Finally, it’s Xmas song time! Kelvin get to grab the mic and sing few sentences from few xmas song. To my surprise, he knows those song better than I do!

Same as last yr, we will have a short walk with Santa along the street. Kelvin so excited and so does Kaitlyn. I carried her and she keep pointing at Santa, directing me to chase after Santa for her. And lastly, it’s gift exchange time and each kids line up to collect their present from teacher. The door is so small and it’s so crowded with people getting in and out to the living room. It’s something like mega sales scenario, LOL!

Last yr,Kelvin got a stationary set and this yr, he got a small phone and meanwhile Kaitlyn got a plastic flipped book. Kinda suitable for both of them. But frankly, I will never thought of getting such a toy phone for Kelvin, coz it looks a bit “odd” to me. But he’s so excited with the phone. Kid is kid, can get happy over a small toy. This really make me think, why do we as parents crack our head to think whether should we get them Fisher Price or v Tech toy….u see, a simple toy can make their day, some more they will just go crazy with the toy for few days, so what for spending so much to get them expensive toy and few days later, the toy will be sitting in store room.

2 comments:

  1. Joanne, I like you last paragraph and the last picture very much.
    The 2K sat on the floor with their knee bended were so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice both of them sitting the same way until you point it out. I guess this is "like mother like kids" coz i like to sit that way too, LOL! I didn't teach them but somehow they able to sit such a way too.

    ReplyDelete

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...