Saturday, September 7, 2013

First time giving speech on stage

When i being told that my girl and another boy will represent their class giving introduction speech during mini concert, i was so worried. True enough, feedback from teacher is she can't remember the speech even though it's only few sentences. I tried to make her recall what are those sentences but she will stop after she introducing herself. **slapped forehead** However, her partner, the other boy can remember the script very well.Since this is their first time standing on the stage delivering few sentences to so many eyes and ears, their thoughtful teacher decided to pair them up instead of only letting one of them delivering the introduction speech.

On the day before the mini concert, finally my girl can clearly delivering the entire speech for me. However, i still worry as she never has the experience of giving speech in front of so many people. I kept telling her that tomorrow she will stand on the stage and many people will be sitting and standing in front of her. I am not trying to scare her, but i want to give her some hint so that she will not get shocked when she's up on the stage.

Finally..the day has come!!! We reached Penang Times Square around 7:05pm, 5 mins late per the supposed assembly time. However, knowing that Kaitlyn wont be performing til after lantern parade, so we slowly walk towards the assembly area. The area was crowded by parents and performing kids. I helped to tie up Kaitlyn's hair before teacher start to put veil and make up for her.

For this year, Kaitlyn and her classmates will be presenting an Indian dance with title "Naandiya". Kaitlyn and one of her classmate gave a short introduction on the title of their dance before they start performing. My heart was pounding when i saw my girl walking towards the mic. I worry that she may have stage fright and forgot all her speech, but seems like i over-worried, she in fact deliver the speech well. BRAVO!!! 

And it's not the end of my worry, next will be the dancing time. Again, i worried that she will forget the steps but again...i under estimate my girl. She did very well in the dance !! I feel so relief as soon as the dance finished.

It's really a great achievement for my girl, and i feel very thankful to all the teachers for giving her an opportunity to deliver short speech in front of so many people. This indeed can help my little girl to build up her confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...