Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bon Odori 2009 Penang - Japanese Ghost Festival

This is first time i bring Kelvin to attend such a big outdoor function, Bon Odori. Since it's at Esplanade, so i let him wear his close toe shoes instead of sandals as i know this little boy of mine will sure complain if sand goes into him shoes. However, this still doesn't stop him from asking me to carry him. The reason he gave is, he can't see the dance perform on the stage.We reached Esplanade around 7pm, and it's so crowded. Lots of Japanese family have their picnic at the esplande in conjuction with the Bon Odori celebration.

I still can recall, 7 yrs ago when i attended the Bon Odori celebration, choice of food and games is quite limited. But today, the choices of food and games is a lot! And also lots of people as compare to previously. I guess the Japanese association is selling hard on this event! We actually try to walk around and look for some unique Japanese food, but no luck. The Bon Odori celebration is so much different than the one that i attended 7 yrs ago even the venue is same.

Since it's so crowded and pity my little boy need to walk in the crowd and smell others sweat, so we carried him all the way. Geez the weather is so hot yet he's heavy, so we need to take turn to carry him. Suddenly he saw people eating sundae and he told me he wanted to have one too. Since it's so hot, so i told him i will get him one. Here come the challenge! Where to find...we walk along the food counters and finally i ssaw it. Another challenge is, i don't have food coupon! Since it's so crowded and we decided to have our dinner else where, so i don't plan to get a book of food coupon worth RM20 just because i need RM2 for a sundae. I saw a group of teenagers lining up for sundae, so i asked whether can they sell me RM2. And guess what, one of the teenagers told me, he CAN'T just sell me RM2, if i want, i need to get RM5 from him as he claimed that he doesn't want to tear off his food coupon. What the heck!! This teenager nowadays act like loan shark! Since i need food coupon desperately to get a sundae for my little darling, so i buy it from him.

So, my little one happy enjoying his sundae after that. For me, i need to crack my head how to spend the remaining Rm3. I am thirsty, so went to the drink stall, order a cold drink, it's RM2, and i gave the seller the remaining RM3 and he insisted to give me back the balance...oops...RM1 left, so how? walk walk walk, saw this vegetarian stall selling fried poh piah for RM1, bingo! Bought the poh piah and gave to Kelvin since he said he's hungry. Opps, look at my watch, it's almost 8pm, no wonder he said he's hungry.

We left the Eslapande and headed to Fong Wei restaurant for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...