Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time to mess up the kitchen

Yesterday was a bad day for people at Bandar Acheh in Indonesia because earthquake strike their area. And since there's so many people kept sending message saying not to go anywhere besides staying home, so after dinner, we headed back home.

Since the night still young, and both of you still very energetic, and i suddenly thought of making milo biscuit cake, so i told both of you to get ready with your apron and i have a secret assignment for both of you. In no time, both of you get ready with your apron and wait for me instruction.

As i don't have a rolling pin, so i gave each of them a water tumble to roll the biscuit. Each of them get 10 pcs of biscuit from me, 1 zip lock bag as well as 1 water tumble. I requested them to put the biscuit one by one into the zip lock back and roll it with the water tumble. See, the 2 little helper so focused working on their assigned task.
While they are working on their part, i am busy at the kitchen heating up the butter, mixing the milo and condensed milk. After a while, here's the final result from them. Both happily pose for daddy.
Now, it's my turn to work. I add the smashed biscuit into the mixture of butter, milo and condensed milk, stir for a while, cool it down, then pour it into a container to be refrigerated. As of this morning, the cake still a bit soft, as it's suppose to be harder a bit. Maybe my fridge is not cold enough?? LOL!

If you like to try this on your own, you may find the recipe from Nigella's site. I found it easy for lazy people like me as it doesn't need any baking, so less washing of equipment needed.

2 comments:

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...