Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I know it's hard for you and me!

Mummy had high fever on next day after your big one! Daddy a bit worry that the medicine that i took to bring down the fever will goes into breastmilk, he stops me from breastfeeding you, so, you only get to take the frozen ebm.

On Monday night, mummy prepare the ebm in bottle, daddy brought you into the room, play with you for short while then tug you to bed. Mummy has to stay away from you, afraid that you will stick to me. I can hear your whining sound from the living room,but i have to pretend not hearing it. A while later, daddy walked out from the room, telling me you fall asleep. Wow, good job. However, daddy did tell me that you kept want to come out from the room to look for me, and somehow, daddy managed to persuade you to sleep without mummy.

So, daddy and mummy think that we can take this opportunity to wean you off from breastfeeding before sleep.

On Tuesday night, as mummy afraid my frozen ebm may run out of stock,so we think of letting you try on formula milk. Mummy don't feel like storing those ebm as mummy need to take Paracetamol to bring down my fever. Your paed said it's ok, but daddy and mummy try to avoid giving it to you, if possible. To our surprise you took the formula milk happily, without any complain. However, you start to whine after finish the milk. This time, mummy cannot control myself, i walked into the room, almost wanna give up and let you latch on. Daddy has stronger determination, he asked me to hold on, let you roll here and there and he said eventually you will fall asleep. Mummy lie down beside you, and you sleep close to me, within few seconds, you fall asleep. Nope nope, you cheated, you pretend fall asleep, because when mummy move myself a bit, you wake up and whine again.

So, again, i sleep beside you. And this time, you choose to have a different way of sleeping. You climb onto me and put your head on my chest and sleep. Basically you are sleeping on mummy. Initially i feel funny, and keep laughing, but later the laughing change to tears. Tears dropping down as i know it's time for us to put a stop on breastfeeding. It's not what mummy want to do, but somehow, sooner or later, mummy need to wean you off. It's just a matter of time. I know it's hard for you, but it's hard for mummy too. Mummy hope you will not think that mummy don't love you anymore. Mummy still love you as before, in fact, mummy's love to you increase day by day.

3 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel. And I know that a *part* of me will be lost when I finally wean Ethan off too. Don't be too hard on yourself though. You have given Kelvin the very best any mother can give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, "the day' will come eventually...just a matter of time..that's something a breastfeeding mum needs to accept.

    Almost there mummy...hang on and soon, you will so much free time for yourself..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce: It's tough huh!But this will not stop me from bf my next baby. LOL!

    WS: Yes yes, need to have strong determination, else all effort will be wasted. Nvr mind, i still get to enjoy the moment when i bf my next baby! haha!

    ReplyDelete

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...