Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Letter to my little girl, Kaitlyn

Dear Kaitlyn,

Welcome to the family!

When mummy get to know that i am pregnant, of course the first reaction is HAPPY! When you big brother Kelvin turn 1, Daddy and mummy are both ready to have a second baby and here you come! Even though we get the pregnancy result from the pregnancy test kit, but yet we still choose to get second confirmation from the doctor in hospital. YEAH! It's positive!

The doc told mummy that your first estimate due date is on 4th Nov 2008. And during second visit, doc told mummy that you are 2 weeks bigger in size, so your estimate delivery date will be somewhere around 24 ~ 26 Oct. Daddy and your brother Kelvin both are born in month of Oct, and based on the latest EDD from doc, you will be a Oct baby too! But, mummy a bit greedy, since daddy and kor kor belongs to Libra horoscope, so i always hope that you will come out before 22nd Oct, so that 3 of you are in the same horoscope group. And mummy even become greedier later, i wish u can share the same birthday as daddy. And GOD hear me........ta daaa….you come out on daddy's birthday! You decided to join the family on mummy's 37 weeks 7th day pregancy!

On 20th Oct night, suddenly mummy realized that i don't seems to feel much movement from you throughout the day , usually you move a lot regardless day or night. So mummy’s initial plan to drop by Dr Ng’s clinic on next day to let him have a check. However, on that night Kor kor suddenly told mummy that he wants to poo poo and show it to you (the night before kor kor in playing mood and refuse to do his big business, mummy coax him by telling him to poo poo and show to mei mei) , and without any fuss, mummy bring kor kor to toilet and let him finish his big business. And when mummy tugs kor kor to bed, kor kor hugged mummy tight. Hmm…mummy started to feel something not right, as kor kor don’t like to cuddle with anyone when he sleeps, he likes to have big big space when he is sleeping. Anyway, mummy just ignore all the signs :-
kor kor said wanna show you’re his poo poo
kor kor hugged mummy on the bed

Daddy and mummy went to bed around 1030pm after we tugged kor kor to bed. And around 11pm, mummy start to feel some tummy tightness, an I just ignore it, thought it could be due to over worry. And throughout the nite, I cant sleep well, can’t recall when I started to have the mild contraction. I just remember the first time I ever get myself up and really look at the clock is around 1:55am, then the next time I look at the clock after next contraction is around 2:05am, it’s about 10 mins apart, I remembered I talked with daddy around 2-ish am when he feel that I keep tossing around, and I told daddy that I suspect I am having contraction. Even though this is mummy’s second pregnancy, but because when I had your kor kor, I don’t have the real experience of contraction, so mummy a bit doubt. I keep monitoring the contraction and I fall asleep and wake up again around 3am, and the contraction feel getting stronger, so I wake up, take my shower and wash hair . When mummy took my bath, saw some “show” then yeah, time to get myself to the hospital.Daddy called ah kong and ah ma to come over to our house to take care kor kor while daddy and mummy go to hospital. Dr Ng told mummy that I need to go to hospital when the contraction is 5 min apart and furthermore during my last check up, he said I am 2cm dilated, so means I will go into labor anytime.

It’s middle of the night, and we reached Adventist Hospital in 15 mins time. Went to Emergency Room, then being pushed to Maternity ward. Mummy admitted to hospital at 4:20am. when they checked at me around 5:45am, I am 4cm dilated. Another check at 8:10am, I am 6 cm dilated and the final check around 10am, I am 8cm dilated and doc broke the water bag for me. But I didn’t go for delivery immediately, I delivered you at 1:22pm. It’s a long delivery huh! Dr Ng told mummy before that because your kor kor is born through c-section, and if I opt to go for normal delivery mode for you, it will consider as first time normal delivery for mummy and in fact daddy did offer mummy to go for c-section while we were in the hospital, but mummy choose to go for normal delivery mode. Around 12:50pm, mummy suddenly have the feel of want to push, so daddy quickly get the nurse and doc into the labor room. My contraction suddenly not consistent and Dr Ng at last decided to drip mummy for induce and create contraction. While on drip, mummy scream and cry as I am having sharp pain and I have no idea how to push you out and I almost want to give up and go for c-section, but Dr Ng said too late, your head already engaged, so no matter what I must push you out. And Dr Ng said he will help me to vacuum you out. And I think after 4~5 push from me, you are out. Feel so relieve after seeing you are out! And I did it! A normal delivery mode.

So, our dear little girl,Kaitlyn, here u are, your journey to join our family. Again, Welcome to the family!

Love,
Mummy,Daddy and Kelvin

6 comments:

  1. My second normal delivery was much faster, I also admitted about 4am and the baby was deliver at 5am. only 1 hour and only 1 push. May be it was the second time and 'loose' already. Haha. Since you already have one boy and one girl. Do you wish to have 3rd one? Am i asking this question to soon? Actually a lot of people is liked you, almost gave up at the middle of labour. Anyway good job, you did it finally. The experience is so much different right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yan: For time being, i will say 2 is enough. Yes, the 2 deliveries experiences of mine is so much different and glad that i choose to go for normal delivery for second baby, and thanks to hubb,the doc and the midwife who keep supporting me when i want to give up at middle of the labour. Both c-section and natural birth are cool experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrates on your new born! Give birth is nvr an easy task right?
    But you did a great job. :)

    Btw, first time drop by..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie: Thanks for dropping by my blog. Thanks for the comment. Yeah, giving birth is not an easy job, and i guess our hubb will never understand how hard we have gone through huh! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new arrival!

    Aiyo... you're much better than me la. I took 11hrs to push my boy out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful life: 11 hrs!! wow, that's long, if i have to wait for so long, i will sure go for c-section, hahaha! The contraction pain is not fun :(

    ReplyDelete

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...