Thursday, November 20, 2008

Injection time

Wed night, i feel that Kaitlyn's tummy a bit heaty, so monitor her for a night and the condition does get any better on Thur, so brought her to see doc. And since Kelvin suppose to get his super overdue Hep A injection, so i brought him along too. You thought me go to hospital alone with the 2 kids? NO WAY! I am not that brave yet...i went with my mom!

Luckily there is only few patients and very fast, it's our turn. As soon as i told Dr Khaw on Kaitlyn's situation, he told me the heat at tummy causes by OVERFEEDING and overfeeding causes heartburn to my poor little girl ! Then,he asked me the feeding schedule for Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn's feeding schedule is 3 oz every 2 hrs. It's too much for newborn. The recommended feeding schedule is 2 oz every 3 hrs. Sigh! This is the problem that most of the breastfeeding mummy will face if they hire confinement lady. As soon as baby cry, the confinement lady will jump into conclusion saying baby is hungry. My confinement lady increase Kaitlyn's milk intake without my permission and luckily nothing serious happen to my little girl. Dr Khaw told me that there is one mummy, she overfed her baby and baby will throw out milk after every feed and due to too frequent vomiting, there is some blood in the vomit. SCARY huh! Anyway, since we find out the root cause, then i feel much better.

So what's next? Injection time.

I carry Kelvin while mom help me to hold his hand tight while Dr Khaw quickly give one injection to his buttock. Of course, we expect some cry, and we told him it's mosquito bite but the poor little boy keep saying painful. Luckily after a while, the speaker being turn off.

So, now, it's Kaitlyn's time to get her injection. I asked mom to bring Kelvin out but this little boy insist to stay in the room with the sister. When Dr Khaw gave injection to Kaitlyn, i can see Kelvin's sour face, and he looks so painful, feeling pain on behalf of mei mei...so touching! Luckily Kaitlyn cried for a while and stop.

Nowadays there is so many types of injections that need to be taken, unlike those old days, not so much of injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...