Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pre-party preparation

As I posted before, I managed to decide a birthday cake for Kaitlyn but having difficulty to buy a cake for Kelvin. At few days before the party, I asked him again and he told me he wants Thomas cake, ok deal! I proceed and order Thomas cake for him.

Today is the day! The birthday party for my 2 sweetie pies! On Friday, since I am only working for half day, so I took the opportunity to do some final shopping. And I realized that I didn’t develop any of Kaitlyn’s photos in hard copy ever since she’s born. Feel so guilty. So I quickly download few of mine favorite pic of hers and get them developed at Harvey Norman.

On Saturday, I drag myself out from the bed, rushing on the back drop wording before the 2 kids wake up. When I’m almost done with the wording, Kelvin wake up and he volunteers to help me with the decoration.
After that, get the 2 kids bathed and drop Kaitlyn to my parents house and start with the amazing race. Went for breakfast, then pick up the fried noodle, curry chicken then back home to wait for Kelvin’s birthday cake

While waiting for Kelvin’s birthday cake, we took the opportunity to clean the house, do the final cleaning before the party. Finally, Kelvin’s cake arrive around 130pm. Even though i ask for Thomas cake, but they gave me James. Luckily Kelvin likes James too. ** what a relief** When he sees the cake, he’s so happy and excited. I feel so happy seeing he likes the cake so much. As the cake is quite big in size, we have difficulty to keep it in our fridge, I need to dismantle one of the shelf and put the cake 45 degree in the fridge. And I keep checking to make sure I do not mess up the cake. After that we went to collect Kaitlyn’s cake. There is some hiccup when I pick up Kaitlyn’s cake.:-
1) When I checked at the cake, luckily the design is good. And when I checked at the wording, I can’t find Kaitlyn’s name written on it. They just wrote, “Happy 1st Birthday”. Luckily I checked before I leave the shop

2) I expects the cake house will give me a letter 1 candle, but the shop owner told me they are out of stock for letter 1. I was so disappointed, as when I ordered the cake, I strongly emphasized to them I WANT a LETTER 1 birthday candle. The shop owner didn’t even apologies for not informing me they are out of the candle, he even talk it as if it’s my fault. He even told me he thought I want one candle, DUH! I was so piss off and I told him, “ I don’t have to remind him if I need 1 simple candle and I feel so disappointed with his service and this going to be my first and last time step into the cake house!”
But frankly, overall, the design of the cake is nice.

Went to one of the bakery supply shop at Jelutong to look for the letter 1 candle, no stock. I was so upset and my tummy busy making noise at the same time…oops, I didn’t have any thing after breakfast. When I was so desperate and no clue where to get it, I sms-ed one of my good Old friend, Angeline. She told me she will help me to find the letter 1 candle. Thank you soooo much! And me and hub quickly go for quick lunch/tea break and while we are having our meal, I received a call from Angeline, she told me she found one purple candle and she wants to look for another better design. I told her as long as a letter 1 candle will do! Thank GOD! We founfd it, else it will be a incomplete BIG ONE party for my princess!

At least, candle found, so I can concentrate in other food preparation. Get some food cut, blab la bla…and when I look at the clock, it’s 5pm! I quickly get myself a quick bath, and get the 2 kids bath, and quickly leave my parents house and back to my own house for the final round of party preparation.

Suddenly, it rain! Oh no…good is, the weather wont be that hot, and bad is, my guests will get wet! But the rain doesn’t stop the party to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...