Friday, September 17, 2010

Lantern Party

Before this, everytime when i see kids performing on the stage, i always drool wish that my kids will have chance to perform on the stage.

2 weeks ago when i picked up my girl, the supervisor told me that she would like to let Kaitlyn walk on the stage with traditional costume on their school's lantern party. Immediately i told her, "of course, good idea!" I am so happy that my little girl also get to walk on the stage. But, on the other hand, i start to worry that she may cry when she see so many pairs of eyes looking at her when she's on the stage. As for Kelvin, the teacher already told me that she wants him to get on the stage with his Malay costume, and since Kelvin had experience on the stage before, so i don't see any issue to let him go on stage again.

We reached at the club house by 7pm as all the kids that perform on that night need to be there early for make up. Both kids refuse to let teacher to decorate make up for them. And after few attempts of persuasion,they finally let the teacher to put on make up for them. As Both my kids easily sweat, they are last kid to get make up. Even after make up, they also can't sit still, kept running around at the club house. I chase them until i give up.As usual, party stay at 8pm with all the guests start with pot luck food from parents. the And the first event is singing performance by kids from age of 4 to 6. The title of song is 月亮圆. The next event is the most exciting event, which is traditional costume show. The event start with Kaitlyn's class, which is 2 yrs old. Each class will send 6 representative (3 pairs) who will be in Chinese, Malay and Indian costume. I am so excited and happy seeing my little walking on the stage without fear.After this fashion show, it's dance from age of 4, 5, and 6 respectively. It's really fun seeing the kids performing on the stage, they all look so cute!

The lantern party suppose to end with lantern parade, however, before all of us can walk around at the field, here come the drizzle. However, some parents still proceed with the parade with umbrella, but not me. It's too handy for me to hold umbrella and the kid at the same time, so we just spend some time letting the kids continue to dance jump and run on the stage, LOL!

2 comments:

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...