Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kelvin's first time on stage

I've been waiting for D-Day........"Kelvin's school annual concert", and...finally it comes!!!

Why i'm so excited?? Because.....it's the first time my sweetie pie performing on the stage! If you follow my blog, you will know how excited am i when he went for rehearsal on 2 weeks ago.
On the big day, we get him to take his nape at 1pm, but failed. We threatened him and at last, he fall asleep around 2:30pm. And he slept for more than 2 hours, and this time i need to force him to wake up. LOL! After he wake up around 430pm, i quickly cooked him his favorite food, spaghetti. After that, we quickly bathed him, persuade him to let me make up for him. He refused to let me put on eye shadow and lipstick, and we need to use soft and hard way to make him accept the make up :) After that, we headed to Dewan Sri Pinang as they need to be there by 5:45pm.

We reached Dewan Sri Pinang around 5:55pm, and initially i afraid my little boy will cried and refuse to go into the assembly area. To my surprise, he happily wave goodbye to me. And at the end, i am the one walk away with thousands of worries. Worried that he may cried when he's on the stage, worry that he may missed his dance step, worried that he may need to go wee, worried that........

The concert start around 7:15pm, and Kelvin's dance is the 7th in the list. This year, the theme of the concert is Alibaba the musical concert. Waiting waiting and waiting...waiting is very hard, can feel that time pass very slow...When it come to 6th performance, i quickly get myself a nice spot at the front of the stage. I am in charge of taking pic while hubb in charge of recording the dance. But, at the end, hubb did a great job and i did a lousy job. I can't stop myself from laughing when i see my little boy dance. He is just so adorable. I am so proud of him for be able so steady performing on the stage. At this moment, i told myself that i over-worried. My son is doing a great job! Due to those students same class with Kelvin are quite active, so teachers decided to let them run around act as tree and snake and the title of their dance is "Cave of wonder". The girl act as tree while the boy act as snake. Basically for the whole dance, i am seeing all of them running around, moving here and there! So in the event they missed out one step, no one will realized, LOL! But, i can see the proud and satisfied look on the face of each parents of the kid, including myself.
It's very fun seeing all the excited parents moving back and forth to the front of the stage. All parents will rush to the front of the stage to capture the perfect moments during their kids' performance. And after that, the parents will walk back to their seats and another batch of parents will take over the space at the front of the stage.

Lastly, all performers line up on the stage and bow to the audiences.
The concert ended around 930pm, and the first thing my little sweetie pie told me is..."he's super hungry!" Luckily i spared a bread in my bag for him. I asked him whether will he perform again on the stage, and happily he told me, "YES". I am so proud of him and i need to admit, my little boy growing up. He is getting more and more independent.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling...and yeah, it feels great to see our kids having a good time. Bravo Kelvin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, thanks...totally agree with you. Bravo to our kids!

    ReplyDelete

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...