Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Boy, u can do it!!! Good luck and all the best!!


Last night, while checking through my son’s homework book, saw him write down one of the item which is for this coming Saturday’s drawing contest. The title is 海边~ seaside.
As I know my son well, he doesn’t has the interest in drawing nor coloring. But he is quite creative, he can draw robot, cartoon well, but not a proper drawing type.

So I goggle-ed a simple seaside picture for him and at the same time I simplify it further for him. I can sense that he is trying his best to mimic what I drew and until one point of time,snd here’s the sad part of the day, he asked me whether can he being excused from participating in the contest. I wish I can opt him out too, but this is part of school activity for this coming Saturday. Cruelly, I turn him down and tell him, NOPE, YOU HAVE TO TAKE PART. But of course I did explain to him why he needs to participate.

I really don’t understand, why the school EXPECT a first grader DRAW the picture themselves!!!! Not every kid can draw well at this age. I don’t mind if it’s a coloring contest, but what I hear from here and there is, the kid need to DRAW and color it themselves.

It's very heart wrenching seeing my boy so discouraging. And this is  his FIRST time showing this type of respond to me. In the past, no matter how bad the situation is, he will never tell me he want to pull out from anything. But this time, he made his first request to me. And i REJECTED him. Boy, no worry so much, you just need to do your best. Be it success or fail, at least you have given your best effort, daddy and mummy will always be here to support you! Cheers, my boy!! Remember, YOU CAN DO IT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...