Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Whose fault?? Me? You? Society??

Today when i went to collect the RM100 from school, received a small complain from the form teacher on my boy's writing. Well, i know, this day will come as my boy doesn't write neatly and nicely as compare to other kids at the same age. Even though i know this problem, but when i heard this from his form teacher, my heart sank. But of course, i still need to act cool in front of the teacher, so i told the teacher please help me and it's ok if she were to request him to rewrite as long as it's meeting her expectation. Well, the form teacher did briefly explain to me the expectation of the school. Well, in fact, most of the Chinese school expect the kids to write properly like the example below.

When i reached home, quickly goggle for solution, well, not that i am a kiasu mom, but i do not want this minor thing hinder my boy from loving school life.  At last i found this article,  Special Education/My 5 year old can't write properly.In this article, it did mention that kid who was highly visual will have this problem.I will need to fully digest this article and find way to help my son to improve his writing.

I know, since we are in government school, we need to follow the expectations, rules and regulations. But what does writing matter so much?? His writing is not that bad til un-readable, it's just that the writing is not on the line per the example. So my poor boy need to spend most of his night rewrite whatever has been written in the school. I rather he spend his time doing some other more value added thing rather then rewrite all the writing.

Well, do u want a kid who can write like typewrite or printing machine and no creativity at all, or u want a kid whose writing is so so and creative?? I rather my son to be creative though. But not much we can do since we are in government school.  So, what's next?? Me and my boy need to work together to have this problem resolve else me and him will keep getting complain from teacher on this minor issue. Wish both of us good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 2 sweethearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...